Fuengirola! is a television series, produced by Moskito Television, about Finnish people living in a Spanish town called Fuengirola. It’s a "little tiny Finland" in southern coast of Spain with a very large community of Finnish inhabitants. The community in Fuengirola have their Finnish habits strongly visible in their every day lives - Kids go to Finnish school, they eat traditional Finnish cuisine in Finn-owned restaurant, buy their Finnish rye bread and other Finnish food products from Finnish shopping mall, listen to their Finnish radio station, and so on. Now we offer you a really huge opportunity to get your music heard in this Finnish mainstream television series that will have twelve one hour long episodes.
The show needs a distinct and catchy main theme song, main theme song edit for the ending credits, few short jingles from the main theme, two simple background music tracks, and songs for the 10 main characters of the series. The aim of this sprint contest (before the winner is selected) is to make the best main theme song for the series. After we have picked the winner, we will continue to work on the required jingles, background tracks and character songs with the artist. We would like you to use the elements of the main theme song to build the additional tunes mentioned, so you don’t have to make all the tracks from the scratch. The prize money of this contest includes the work allocated to create those tracks.
The main title song that will be played during the title sequence should be approximately one minute long. It should be upbeat, slightly comical, and easy going. The song can have Spanish and Latin influences in it, guitar, accordion, American Beauty like mellow piano, and other instruments. Bottom line is that the music should grow and live, meaning that it’s good to have several instruments coming in during the song. Also, be gentle on the tempo, don’t make it too fast but still not too slow either. Just use your imagination when you think of the Finns dwelling in Fuengirola, and you’ll be able to make the best theme song for this contest ;).
The philosophy of the Finns living in Fuengirola is really interesting. These people are living their lives in an environment that is not Finnish at all and they even call themselves "Summer Finns". For them it's not a question about whether the glass is half full, for them it's more like life is an open bar and boy am I happy I decided to come in!
The characters of this TV series include:
* A comical character, whenever he is around, something is going to happen
* Funny guy who resembles David Brent from the BBC’s The Office
* Two sisters who just say whatever is on their mind, even though it might not be appropriate
* Business-savvy media mogul character, who’s the definite boss
* Shopping mall owner, a guy almost at his retirement age, but still has so many things to accomplish
* A male couple living together in their small, cozy and living room kind of restaurant. The other half is always flirting, no matter which sex he meets
* Young and happy laidback couple who live in their mobile caravan house. They like to go mountain climbing or biking whenever they have a chance.
After we have picked the winner we will provide more information about the additional tracks the winner needs to submit in the handover.